Eligibility for International University Accommodation

Drapeau francais

IMPORTANT: University accommodation is allocated depending on the situation of each student, the criteria mentioned in this section and availability. Sending a complete application doesn’t guarantee an accommodation allocation.


International students applying on an independent basis (not through a partnership)

Priority is given to students registered on a Doctorate or Master programme in a higher education institution in the Aquitaine region. Allocation of accommodation depends on availability and the higher education institution must be recognised by the Ministry of National Education, Higher Education and Research.

International students taking part in a partnership programme (Erasmus, Erasmus Mundus, etc…..)

Some accommodation is reserved for the higher education institutions of the Académie of Bordeaux (University of Bordeaux, University of Bordeaux Montaigne, IEP, ENSEIRB-MATMECA, ENSCPB, UPPA, etc….). Students must complete an International accommodation application and contact the international relations office of their host institute in France to obtain information about accommodation.

Campus France grant holders

If you are a Campus France grant holder please consult Campus France grant holders section


Keeping the same university accommodation is not automatic. To keep your current university accommodation, you must meet these conditions:

  • Fill in an International Accommodation Application every year preferably between 15th January and 1st March and imperatively by 30th May.
  • Have not had any rent payment problems or conduct problems at your residence.
  • Have not broken the lease during the year. In case they break the lease due to an internship, the student must present their internship contract to the accommodation service if they want to be housed on their return. They can possibly be housed depending on availability.
  • Students housed for 5 years or more in a university residence could obtain a waiver to be housed for an additional year to end a study course. In which case, they must seek permission from the CROUS Director. The waiver request for a 6th year must be given to the secretariat of the university residence in December of the 5th year in residence.

CAMPUS France grant holders

If you want to can keep your accommodation, you must apply to Campus France. You may be able to keep it depending on the options offered by CAMPUS FRANCE.

SUMMER ACCOMMODATION for students housed in traditional rooms (which are normally available for occupation until 30th June) :

Summer accommodation is only possible if the student has reserved their accommodation for the start of the following academic year.

Contact: logement.international[at]crous-bordeaux.fr

Non merci

Le crous mobile

Le crous a son appli

Retrouvez toutes les infos du Crous (Restos U, logement, activités culturelles, services sociaux…) sur votre smartphone !